Friday, June 09, 2006

I Miss You, Kids

June 9, 2006

Dear Katie and Luke,

You are in New Jersey right now with Mommy for Aunt Brenda's baby shower, and I miss you. Here are just a few things I miss:
1. Sharing my pop-tart.
2. Seeing you wave goodbye from the window as I pull out of the driveway.
3. Luke, seeing you in the window as I pull in the driveway after a long day.
4. Katie, watching you come excitedly onto the porch when I get home.
5. Hugs and kisses.
6. Katie, hearing about your day.
7. Luke, hearing you say, "Up, pease."
8. Family worship.
9. Coming into your bedroom just before I go to bed, seeing you sleeping peacefully, and tucking you in.
10. Luke, hearing you imitate the neighborhood dogs.
11. Katie, hearing you say, "Daddy" over and over until I finally answer you.
12. Daddy time.
13. Luke, wrestling on the floor while Mommy gives Katie a shower.
14. Grilling while the two of you play in the yard.
15. Katie, hearing you sing the Psalm 121 song when it comes on the radio.
16. Kissing your scrapes and bruises.
17. Giggling with you.
18. Laughing at you. (Sometimes, your mother and I have to hide this!)
19. Knowing that I have all of this to look forward to and so much more when I get home in fifteen minutes.

Counting Down the Days,
Daddy

No comments: