Thursday, December 28, 2006

Poetry Forthcoming

December 28, 2006

Dear Katie and Luke:

As I was slipping off to sleep last night, I started to write poetry in my mind. I put together four lines about Katie at age 4, and then I fell asleep. When I awoke, I had completely forgotten the poem (sorry Kate!), but I had a new desire--write poetry to and/or about the kids!

I think that what has inspired me to do this is my growing appreciation for hymns. Unfortunately, I didn't listen very well in school when we talked about different types of poetry, so for now I'll just try to rhyme. Nevertheless, I just wrote a poem and it was a great exercise because it stretched me to think through how to communicate events and Truth in a different way.

I hope you enjoy your father's feeble attempts.

I Love You,
Daddy

No comments: